The competitive landscape is changing every minute. With Gnowit patented Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP), Businesses are staying ahead of the competition. Gnowit is a SaaS company that provides smart, on-demand media intelligence for businesses to identify winning strategies. We currently monitor 40,000+ news sources, 1.2M unique documents per day, 3B+ web calls each month.
Gnowit is looking for a Java Developer with 2-5 years’ experience; a great opportunity for an experienced new grad.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Translate business requirements and high-level design documents into the implementation of low-level design documents
• Provide application support of existing systems
• Design, develop and sustain Java-based enterprise software
• Write fast, understandable and unit-tested code;
• Participate in design discussions, code reviews and planning meetings;
• Work closely with QA and contribute directly to automated tests to ensure quality, on-time product releases.
• Conduct design and code reviews
• Perform quality assurance and unit, system and integration testing and user acceptance testing functions
• Development and maintenance of existing Java EE applications
• Cooperation with an international team
Skills required include:
• SQL or NoSQL
• GIT source control
• Object-oriented development methodologies.
• Distributed systems using message brokers and web-sockets
• RESTful APIs
• Java multi-threaded development
• Unix skills, especially Ubuntu
Additional skills that would be helpful include:
• MongoDB (NoSQL)
• RIAK distributed databases
• Redis key-value stores
• RabbitMQ (or other message broker services)
• Experience with Machine Learning and AI development
• Natural Language Processing
• Deep Learning
• Docker and modern containerization technologies
• Experience building microservice and/or cloud-based solutions is a plus
• Experience with medium-to-large-scale enterprise application system development through complete lifecycles
• Fluent or very good English communications skills (writing and speaking)
• Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
• Ability to focus on completing tasks
• An exceptionally analytical mind and great communication skills
• A practical, team-oriented approach, and strong troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to function effectively in a results-oriented, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Junior to Mid
Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Business Intelligence
Engineering, Information Technology
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gnowit is committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.